- Project involved List of reports in Crystal to be converted to WebFOCUS.
- Reports were from different departments (e.g. Sales, Purchasing, Inventory etc.) having different selection options and different look and feel.
- Understanding business requirement of crystal reports since no documentation was available.
- Analyzing crystal reports to understand each and every functionality of the reports.
- Data tables used in the crystal reports were in SQL Server. WebFOCUS reports were to be created on DB2(AS/400) tables.
- Being the first project for the client it was a challenge to understand the coding framework and the standards provided by client.
- Created "AS IS" document after understanding the report requirements.
- Created "TO BE" documents after "AS IS" document is approved from client end. Documentation of existing reports as well as new changes (if any) was also captured in "TO BE" document. "TO BE" documents contain detail level of data description (including design), report mockups and launch page mockups etc.
- Created data design using synonyms on single table and synonym on top of synonyms in WebFOCUS based on structure of data available in DB2 (AS400).
- Created the report codes following the naming conventions and report file structure provided by client and integrated with the launch page.
- Created the test cases and tested all possible scenarios to get the issues fixed during developer testing and deliver quality codes to the client.